Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have a broken C6503. It has no power at all, all leds are off in front and in back.Is the PEM broken or power supply in back?Br,Sami

samisa by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have (2) 6509 Core switches, (4) 4506 and (2) 4503 edge switches. Would like to upgrade to 10GB, provide redundancy (no single point of failure) and link aggregation (for maximum throughput).What supervisor modules should I purchase? GBIC\SFP's sho...

rjones by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,If I SPAN (port mirroring) on a large  number of source ports or if I exceed the number of sessions, which  may be the  consequences for our equipments ?Typically,  can the switch "crash" ?  if so, what limits should  I meet ?Thanks a lot

ComstorFR by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all experts.When i issue "wr" or "copy running startup" it shows "Building configuration" and then waits for like few seconds, before returning me the prompt. Is there anyway to speed up this process ? i dont like to wait for "wr" to make me wait....

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Setting up tacacs for multiple CatOS 6509 switches, the TACACS server requires the source IP of the switch in order to authenticate properly. I think in general the source IP for a TACACS request would be the management IP set on SC0, right? What abo...

101100101 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi eveyone, I have just tried setting up the Cisco Netowrk Assistant 5.6 on my Win 7 Enterprise 64bit (I know its not supported) and Win XP SP3 (unsure if its supported. The documentation says SP2...but surely thats not right??). I have approx 30 swi...

We purchased several Cisco Unmanaged 102-24 Ethernet Switches.  I was looking at the specs and they have good throughput, up to 48 Gb aggregate.  Does anyone know if these are full crossbar switches?If they are not, does anyone know the first 24 port...

Resolved! Trouble with 2960

Ok, so I got a new 2960 shipped to one of my sites to replace a fried switch.  Once the switch was plugged into the network, I found it's address and opened the http interface.  Once in the switch I selected express setup, set the options and entered...

fdouble08 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am setting up a lab exercise and came across this unusual problem when implementing the lab...The lab is for a simple illustration of STP and its a simple setup with 3 switches: Switch1(3560), Switch2(3550) and Switch3(3560 PoE) connected in a f...

subhish_p by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes