Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a Nexus 5K that is continuously rebooting in a loop with the following error.How can I get out of this? ThanksNov 24 10:23:41 %SYSMGR-2-SERVICE_CRASHED Service "syslogd" (PID 4028)  hasn't caught signal 11 (core will be saved).Nov 24 10:23:45 ...

On the Cisco 4948, I can run the command #show platform cpu packet statistics. The output includes "host learning, L2 Fwd Low, and L3 Rx low."This command allows me to determine how many times the cam table has changed when troubleshooting port-fappi...

Hi every bodyhow is everyone doing ?I was reading about the role of presentation layer. One of the role is encryption.  My question  we have been relying on lower layers  to provide encryption( e.g 802.11n)Why is the encrption  not implemented by pre...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Resolved! HSRP-Query

HiI am working in a netwrok setup with catalyst 4507R (Sup-V) is working as a core switch...now we are planning to add one more core switch in the network which is Catalyst 4507R(Sup6L-E)..now the network will run with 2 core switches and HSRP will  ...

Hello Gurus,This is my question:I have created a Vlan 20 on a cisco switch. This VLAN will be used for devices that will have IP addresses in the range say 192.168.10.0/24 and I want these devices to communicate amongst each other BUT1. they cannot c...

raoul2341 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a questions about how to implement voice into my network at a branch location.Should I connect my L2 poe 2960 (for phones) into one of the ports on my 4-port etherswitch module of my 2811 router, (Fa0/0 is used by data switch).Or should I do a...

bsciarra1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning, question about a native vlan.I set up a trunk with two vlans I created - vlan 100 and vlan 10.  vlan 1 is shut down.  I was reading about dot1q native vlan being the vlan where untagged frames are sent.  My question is is vlan 1 always ...

bsciarra1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One server ibm aix with 2 NIC's that have etherchannel set with mode 8023ad. I have two 2960 switches with switch A gigabit port connected switch B gigabit port. Can I have 1st NIC (primary link) going to Switch A and 2nd NIC (backup link) going to ...

ednelson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I put this question in a discussion a few days ago and it wasn't answered completey so, I'll try to ask again. Check out the diagram.I was wondering if and etherchannel can be created by using one link that uses single mode fiber and one that uses mu...

Hello All ,R1 router has one gigabit ethernet interface (192.168.1.1/30) which is connected to carrier network >>>>then R2 (192.168.1.2/30)R1 Interface link is looped by carrier .means it lost connectivity to R2 interface.is there any way i can issue...

Suppose I have a set of 5 ports on a switch which are all teamed and allow traffic on vLAN5 I want to allow traffic on vLAN6 on the group of teamed ports.  Can this change be made without any downtime?  In other words, can the change be made in such ...

Resolved! Cisco 861W

I have a questions about the limitations of this unit.1) Its limited to 2 VLANs. How exactly do they do this if it runs Cisco IOS?2) Can this router be used as router on a stick if I need sub interfaces on inside interfaces or are they JUST switch po...