Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi there,I am having a problem with certain multicast applications and I need some input. THe problem is that I have a certain set of multicast lines that come into my server farm via an outside provider, and the server that is receiving the data rep...

branfarm1 by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello i want to know some features found in cisco switch 2960 and not found in Huawei switches ,i'm found Private VLAN is not found in huawei switch , any one know another features allow to me to reject the huawei switch because i'm prefer cisco swit...

I have ver 12.1.(13)EW on this switch. We have a Fluke OptiView to help in network troubleshooting. But in order to pull a history from the device I have to turn on RMON.. In the 4006 under config t... You have two choice with RMON alarm or RMON e...

HiI am working on seting up a lab connecting a 3640 router to internet via cable modem, I have attached the network dia and sample config.I am sucessfull getting the IP add assigned to internet facing router Interface from ISP and I can ping google f...

Resolved! int vlan 1

Hi everybody!I have this question .let say we have a distribution switch sw2 which is providing communication between two vlans, 1, and 2 which exist on access switch ,sw1. Is it possible to use int vlan 1(1.1.1 on sw2 as management int to manage...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Unicast flooding

How do you distinguish between normal unicast traffic and actual unicast "flooding". Is there some level that constitutes flooding. Here's the partial output from one of my core routers...rs-risf3-2#sho int vlan1 | inc ucast L2 Switched: ucast: 6843...

rsamuel37 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two routers (RTRA & RTRB) setup on a frame relay network. RTRA acts as the primary while RTRB acts as the secondary. Both routers are using NAT. If connection to RTRA fails traffic would failover to the secondary, causing the NAT Table to popu...

Yehey by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes