Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, when configuring the network cards on my servers, should I tag the vlan on the server, or leave it untagged ? if I do tag the vlan on the server, what do I do at the switch end? do I just put the port into the same vlan, or create a trunk por...

We seem to be seeing an awful high failure rate on the PWR-C45-4200ACV power supplies . Its in multiple different sites . We have probably replaced a half dozen in the last 6 months and these are less than 2 years old. What we see is this . The...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am configuring QoS on 6500 native IOS. I have layer 3 interface with an Input Service Policy. This service policy is ocnfigured to classify traffic and mark DSCP values. My question is do I need "mls qos trust dscp" on this interface? What will be ...

I have two dell server 2950-III dual quad-core processors3.0Ghz with 8GB RAM and 1TB SATA drive. Dell_1 has anip address of 192.168.1.10/24 Dell_2 has an ip addressof 192.168.1.20/24. Both of the dell is connected toa Cisco 2960 Catalyst switch cop...

cisco24x7 by Level 6
  • 31 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a problem with a lot of output drops on one of the fastethernet interfaces (router is Cisco 3745)FastEthernet0/1 is up, line protocol is up Hardware is Gt96k FE, address is 000d.bc09.cba1 (bia 000d.bc09.cba1) Description: TRUNK MTU 1...

Hey guys, just to double check, my understanding of 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 is that is one of the 3 private networks that the RFCs provide us so we can use them internally (non-routable IPs).This means that I can pick any from 172.16.x.x all the ...

insccisco by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there everyone,I'm new to Cisco and thought that I would purchase a Cisco router from ebay however now that I have it here in front of me I'd like to set it up. But i have one problem in front of me, there are two ports one console and one aux po...

I'm rolling out an ASA 5510, and I'm having some problems. For reference, here's a diagram of what I'm trying to do: http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8893/seattlesucksco2.jpg All of the trusted networks 10.* have nat-exeption rules between eachothe...

I have a new 4507r-e with a WS-X4013+10GE (Supervisor Engine II-Plus-10GE) module in slot 3. When I power up the chassis I get an error condition. I've tried other Sup ii+10g modules & 4507r-e chassis with the same results. The module is compatibl...

bkoryus by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello,my cisco 1751 can't boot from tftp server. here is a console output:System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(1r)XE1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)TAC Support: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/ibld/view.pl?i=supportCopyright (c) 2001 by cisco Systems, Inc.C1700 plat...

Here's the problem. I have a stack of 6 3750's in which one of them died. I have a spare on the shelf that I thought I would drop in and replace. The switch that died is a member and am replacing with the exact same model. The problem is the IOS i...

Right now I'm using a 3550 with 2 GBIC and only using the GBIC ports. I want to replace it with a similar swich with only GBIC ports, at least 4. What model do I choose?RegardsBengt Steffner

herlof by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes