Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've a problem in my network infrastructure. In the backbone area there are a couple of Cisco Catalyst 4510R, the primary and secondary root bridge of the network. The spanning-tree protocol used is Rapid Spanning-tree with a pathcost method short (d...

m.goretti by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am getting only input errors? What can cause this? I am using nic load balancing across two 4500's could this be an issue?Here is an example output of sh int 0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles 263 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignore...

plavine by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

New 6500 continuosly rebooting after some scheduled time with the errorC6KENV-SP-SHUTDOWN SCHEDULEDAny idea what needs to be done to rectify this?

ambi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have an AS5300 that is currently utilized as for our PPP dialup clients. We recently installed a new Cisco phone system so we would like to route the PRI that was strictly used for dial in access to our regular local hunt group of PRI circuits. ...

Are there a set of general guidlines for using Vlans i.e., how many devices on a LAN before you should split them into Vlans?

kmarsh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I deal with the pix 501 and asa 5505 all the time in small business. Recently I've been looking into the integrated service routers. How do the asa 5505 and 871 ISR compare. Is the packet inspection on the asa better than the ISR? I know the ISR ...

Hi AllI am using SecureRT to telnet to switches and to collect logs. It keeps coming up with More-- so then I need to press spacebar. How can I get rid of this so that the result just scrolls through until it gets to the prompt?I have Cisco 4500, 356...

qwertys21 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes