Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,Right now i have 6 2950 switches all in same subnet and connecting different deprtments.we have 2 routers and Pix 506e.Now I m told to create Vlans in a way where we can use some departments using one first ISP-Line and rest on 2nd ISP line.I ...

sid916207 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A company just bought a Cisco 2811 router which I am installing for them. Each time I boot up this router I get the following error message: Read only ROMMON initializedboot:cannot open "flash"boot:cannot determine the first executable file name on d...

a.ajiboye by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have two 1721 routers both connected to 4mb DSL lines. When ever someone accesses content that uses the RTSP protocal the ethernet interface goes down and can't be pinged from inside. The DSL interface can continue to be pinged from the outside. T...

mikeh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need to understand the following commands of Standard Access-list.ip access-list standard INFINET permit 203.90.101.224 0.0.0.31 permit 203.90.101.192 0.0.0.31What is permit 203.90.101.224 0.0.0.31Please help.Thanks,

We’ve merged two locations into one. We’d like to add new subnet 192.168.201.0To existing network 192.168.7.0Our current devices: 1751 router will be replaced with 2621xm with 2 WICs (2 full T1 lines).We want to dedicate a full T1 line for 2 servers ...

we hv a 1750 router . my problem is that when I surf web using no proxy option from IE I can use audio video facility ,while i chose proxy setting i can not use audio, video facility. I am using Youngzsoft proxy server.where is the problem ?

Hi, I have a client with an office LAN based on 6500 acess with collasped distribution/core on two 6500/sup720's. He has a requirement for maintaining the same IP for a laptop when it moves from the IT support LAN to user LAns. IP mobile sems to fit ...

les.flack by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Wish to ask y a Cisco 1721 router can reboot by itself very often in a day? What causes it?? I had 1 ADSL and ISDN modules in the router. Is the IOS got corrupted?? Kindly advise. Thanks....

koonbeng by Level 1
  • 20 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3 VLANS (VLAN10, VLAN20, and VLAN30)and I am using a windows DHCP server running superscopes. The problem I am having is when a user moves from one VLAN to the next, they are getting an IP from the previous VLAN that they were connected to. ...

jmollenko by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a block of IP addresses and have assigned various internet-facing servers public addresses using the following (on a 1760):ip nat inside source static tcp i.i.i.i port e.e.e.e port extendableIncoming and outgoing mail works just fine until th...

paul by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have downloaded Solarwinds TFTP server and cannot upload the 3550 switch software to the tftp serverwith the command archive upload-sw tftp:192.168.7.240 I receive the following error"ERROR: Specified image version does not exist in "flash:"."Help ...

enkli by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

A simple topology, Host A---Switch A---router A--Switch B--host B. both switches are layer2. host A and Host B are in the same Vlan.When Host sends a packet destinated to host B, it first sends to switch A.Switch A certain will forward this packet to...

We've upgraded to CatOS 8.4 to get ssh few month ago. I haven't noticed until now that there is a 'set port description' command. It still has 'set port name' command to name the ports, but not sure what 'set port description' command does. Looked fo...

hwon by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes