Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear all,Please i need to have your help on the below issue6509 chassis with single supervisor engine 1A without any line cards.all 8 slots are free no modules connected.Console to the PC PC ip 192.168.100.1SC0 vlan IP 192.168.100.2I enter the below ...

I have no way of testing this, but I am wondering if I could have two ISP connections that use static routes (ie 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 a.b.c.d) and load balance between the two conections to the internet? AFAIK loab balancing is a benifit of routing protoc...

Resolved! PRE-STD BPDU's

Hi allwhen a switch interface receoved a PRE-STD BPDU is create an error message and teh receiving interface has to be configured to only accept PRE-STD bpdus.I am running MST/RSTP between my switches.However, this is happening to me even if the send...

I have 5 locations, each location has 50 3550 and about 10 3750 swithes. All are set up as layer two, We have core switch 6513 doing the routing. Each locations has about 1200 devices connected to these switches. I want to segment thes into multi ...

trying to buy a used WS-C3550-24-PWR from ebay. But it appears there are two different physical size switches, the seller call them both are WS-C3550-24-PWR. Kind of confuse me. Please see the two attached pictures. I think the normal one is WS-C3550...

Hi, I was checking show spanning-tree in a Catalyst 4506 switch and found an interface type St1 .Interface Role Sts Cost Prio.Nbr Type ---------------- ---- --- --------- -------- -------------------------------- Gi1/0/1 Root FWD 4 128.1 P2p St1 De...

I am unable to receive syslog criticial (level 2)messages on my syslog server , please help me in configuring on 3550 switch, i m not using SNMP , I m using simple logging host command

hi allat customer site thay have a network set up with cat 5 cable is it possible to go for poe using cat 5 or cat 5 e is required. please suggest.i will appreciate all the postsRegdsBinoy

Hiwhen we create vlan and port assign in vlan , we give a command switchport mode access.like:interface fastethernet0/1switchport mode accessswitchport access vlan 10if we not give switchport mode access then what happend.pls anyone clear to me ?.th...

iqbalkhan by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem on my network that has kept me sleepless nights. I am running a Catalyst 6500 at the core with 3750 switches at the distribution layer,2950 at the access layer. I am running OSPF between the Core and the distribution.The clients on t...

xhackuss1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! BPDUGuard Scenario

I am not able to understand the following about BPDUGuard from Chapter 11 in "CCNP Self-Study: CCNP BCMSN Exam Certification Guide, Third Edition"-----Naturally, BPDU guard does not prevent a bridging loop from forming if an Ethernet hub is connected...

prakashrj by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card