Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am installing a 3650 switch with a fiber gbic. I am also installing a d link 1100 firewall. The issue is where to place the firewall. The fiber comes in and will terminate into the 3560 gbic, the will have to be converted to copper and into the fir...

bnance by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Im looking for a tool to capture:1. VLAN2. Ethernet II & 802.33. generate and capture late collision4. Gigaether frame capture with frame extension (software).5. GigaEther in burst modeIf any one know any tools avail out there, please let me know. (e...

after1111 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all - I set up a lab to mess around with at home. The switch is an ancient dinosaur, but still it gives me something to mess with. Does the 1900 xswitch support a reverse telnet port? Anything I need to be aware of in configuring the line? I can ...

bgriffis by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,presently we are having 230 computers all connected through switches with ip add. range 192.168.10.1/255.255.255.0, now we have another building and there will be another 100 computers. we are thinking to give ip add. range from 192.168.20.1 onwar...

What do the persistent-data and private-config files contain in nvram on a 12.3 IOS router? Neither of the files have permissions available to the logged in user and seem to be unaccessible. Can you change permissions on nvram files or are these fi...

tech by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I want to configure two MSFC`s in the same chasis. By example I have in the first MSFC Interface Vlan 56ip address 156.175.20.1 255.255.255.0ip helper-address 156.175.28.202If I want to configure the second MSFC for HSRP do I have to change the ...

HiThis is quite off-topic, but I cant find an ontopic-forum for my question. Sorry. :-)Anyone who knows where to find a Cisco-logotype, high-resolution? I need one to print on CDR with VPN-clients to send to my endusers. I have looked all over cisco....

jilahbg by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 Cisco 2950 switches one for each network in my office. One switch is full the other only has 8 ports used. Since both swithches are 24 port I though I might be able to split the switch on the underused network and allocate 12 ports on it to ...

Hi,We have a Cisco 2500 series router supplied by our Internet Service Provider for use with the leased line for internet connectivity. In that NAT was enabled to connect it to our local network. Now when we are trying to connect to our client in ano...

I have inherited a couple of Cat-2950 switches and noticed the following config on ports:interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description blade1 switchport access vlan 65 switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 2-4094 switchport mode acc...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes