Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,   We are facing high cpu utilization issue for Cisco 3850 standalone switch due to "iosd" process.   Core 0: CPU utilization for five seconds: 98%; one minute: 74%;  five minutes: 79%Core 1: CPU utilization for five seconds: 2%; one minute: ...

Hello SupportPlease inform me on how to prevent high cpu ulization on a cisco device. An example is a cisco 4500X switch with a sample of the configs shown below.BRM_HQ_CSW_01#sh proc cpu sortCore 0: CPU utilization for five seconds: 1%; one minute: ...

->Every night, in between 10:00 and 1:00 CPU is going crazy(over 90%)(device is in production)device#show processes cpu sortedCPU utilization for five seconds: 98%/0%; one minute: 98%; five minutes: 98% PID Runtime(ms)   Invoked      uSecs   5Sec   1...

Trying to transfer a new IOS image to a switch and I continue to receive this messsage in the middle of the transfer? Ideas?%Error reading tftp://XX.XX.XX.XX/c3750-ipbasek9-mz.122-50.SE2.bin (Transfer Aborted)

dvanzee by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a stack of 4 switches. I can't figure out why two of the ports are down? SW1 port 2 connects to SW4 port 2. Is there a way to bring the port up? I read the guide on configuring stacks, but it makes it sound like the only time the ports would b...

Now we have tried different images - checked the infrastructure is OK (No crcs etc on the Ethernet port). The file eventually gets copied and the switch boots up ok. But what do these zeros mean? Is it file corruption or something completely differen...

peter-net by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm wondering if you can help me with a problem I'm experiencing.  I have a Linux box that I can ping other nodes across my network, but cannot ping it from other nodes nor the layer 2 switch it's directly connected too. The only device that can pin...

abarb002 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Cisco 9300 Stack

Hi,I am setting up a stack of 4 Switch 9300s.I would like to know how I can do so that when the switch with the active role turns off and returns, it will be the active switch again.I did the test with the commandstack-mac persistent timer 0But when ...

Cconchap by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco C1000-48P-4G-LHi I just unpacked this switch and am getting a lot of these error messages.Host 0026.xxxx.93a4 in vlan 1 is flapping between port Gi1/0/2 and port Gi1/0/1Gi1/0/1 is PCGi1/0/2 is connected to an unmanaged switch which at this poin...

GM01972 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes