Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I saw this issue at work and I'm trying to duplicate it on my home lab... I'm a little confused on if I should use an access list, route map, or something else. From the point of view of Host C1 or C2, if packets going to Internet, I would want it to...

Resolved! IP ARP Question

We have two Layer 3 switches one of which is the main switch for all layer 3 switching. And the other is backup.We monitor the SVI's with hsrp between the two switches.I noticed today that when I do sh ip arp on the back up L3 switch that there are a...

Thanks for your time and knowledge. I am trying to understand how bypass mode works in terms of cross connection.  Bypass mode:  network relays cross-connect the two RJ45 connectors electrically thus creating an extended Layer 1 network  Let us foc...

hi mates,i have one cisco catalyst 4506e with sup-7L and LAN base Ios.i need ospf command but i don't know i need ip base ios or enterprise ios. the cisco must replace one alpine switch with this ospf commandconfigure ospf add vlan "cs-fdi" area 0.0....

4507_SW1 is root bridge. 4506_SW2 is connected to SW1 via a trunk port. Trunk port native vlan is 1, and allowed vlans are 2 and 3. SW1 is running IOS XE 3.x; SW is running IOS 12.2x. Spanning tree mode is PVST. I am trying to map out the L1/L2 conne...

dglavicka by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have configured different L2 VLAN's in 6004 Nexus and can see  VLAN assignments to different interfaces in "show vlan" command.It is working okay.Surprisingly this L2 VLAN configuration can't be seen under "show running-config" - seems weird.  ...

Resolved! Cisco VLAN Config

Let me start by saying i'm Cisco challenged.  I understand all of what i'm doing, and i've done it before with HP switches, but i don't have much experience with Cisco, and I think i'm making it more complicated than it needs to be.  Let me start by ...

Matt Hoak by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The problem that I am having with my configuration is being able to route between the Router and its embedded WLan-AP.  I am looking into configuring the Wlan-G0 interface in the Router to communicate with the GE0 interface in the embedded WLan-...

Romieo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a setup in which there are two Nexus in redundancy and few 4500 connected to them. I am using VRF solution in which there are many subnets defined and the management subnets are only defined in management VRF. Currently I am using cross VRF fu...