Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I´m a bit confused regarding Jumbo frames on Cat6500.when a jumbo frame enetrs the switch andhas to go out an 100MBit-Interface with Jumbo disabled (MTU1500) -->it´s getting dropped by the switch ??has to go out an Gigabit-Interface with Jumbo disabl...

I am looking at possible solutions to provide inter-vrf routing on a 6500. Does the following look workable?int vlan1ip vrf forwarding redip address 2.3.4.0 255.255.255.0int lo0ip vrf forwarding redip policy route-map redroute-map red permit 100set v...

I have been searching for docs about how BPDU packet being marked in the Cisco network , could not find any.Someone  says the BPDU packet has cos value of 6/7 by default in Cisco  switches,  however I could not find any Cisco document ever mentione  ...

Hi All,I am trying to set up a customers system and we bought them a WRVS4400N Router.  This replaces the rather untrustworthy DLink basic model that is having connection issues.  I normally setup my systems with MAC Address Reservation for a few rea...

tekhome12 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have faced with 2 issues related to Etherchannel.1. I have two servers connected to Etherswitch on 2811 Router via 3-port Etherchannels. All computers in the network can see both servers, but servers are unable to see each other, i.e. ping, n...

Hi,I've a Cisco 6500 with this system image:c6sup22-jsv-mz.121-19.E1The uptime for this switch is 1 year, 23 weeks, 13 hours, 32 minutes,but the sysUpTime is 29 Days."Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) c6sup2_rp Software (c6sup2_rp...

Hi all,Does anyone know if it is possible to set an error disable recovery interval per cause? Or am i bound to just one interval for all causes?Seems a bit crude to me to have so many detection categories and only just one over-all recovery index - ...

Hi Experts,I am trying to configure stack-power on a Cisco 3750X. I'm having a hard time understanding how this thing works. I currently have two 3750X switches that are in stack. We want to utilize stack-power however, we do not have the stack-power...

jpl861 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiWe are caught in a weird setup. Recently our company acquired another company. IT services came to our basket for support.  Users are running out of IP address.  Temporary to fix the issue we added secondary ip address but doesnt seems to help.(( I...

HiI need your help to can i make 2 switches 2950 and 2960 connecting it together through  trunk port,so in my question is what the command that should be on the trunk port???I wrote the below command but it's not acceptable:Switch(condig-if)#switchpo...