Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I attempted to upload a new IOS image to my 2924. However, the upload failed and now I have no space left in flash. But the existing IOS image is not taking up the space and yet I cannot see the failed files or what is taking up the space...test_swit...

kerryjcox by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am in the process of migrating a redundant pair of 6509s to a four tier environment. my preliminary plans are to collapse the core and access enviroments into one tier and the distribution environment in the other. is that the best practice for the...

j.newkirk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I had two Catalyst 2924-XLs that went down about a week ago due to power problems. I need to purchase two new ones. I cant find any new switches with "SC" fiber connections which is what we have on our fiber cables. Is there a conversion available...

Installed two new switches 2960's and in CNA ver 5.2 they are showing up with "edge" link and status is "neighbor"? They are gig uplinked but CNA doesnt not reflect that - any ideas why?ThanksChris

On an External interface :interface FastEthernet3/0 description $FW_OUTSIDE$$ETH-WAN$ ip address ***.***.***.243 255.255.255.248 ip nbar protocol-discovery ip flow ingress ip flow egress ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly ip route-cache flow duplex...

pipsadmin by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I've got to be missing something simple here. I have two Catalyst 4948 about 15 miles apart, connected via dark fiber. They both have base IP image.I've been configuring RIP(version 2) to route between the switches. Static routes work fine, ...

Hi. I noticed some errors on one of my router interfaces: 18 output errors, 0 collisions, 4 interface resetsHow can I view this errors so i can find out what could be the problem?Thanks.

Hi ,I'm currently installing a couple of 3750 on a new building. Swicthes have to connect to Avaya's IP phones. Connected at 100 Mbps full duplex phones work OK, but whwn conected at 1000 Mbps (1Gbps) port, throuhg an 1Giga adapter provided by Avaya...

iraira by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know I can implement layer-2 port security on my 4500 switches. That is, I can arrange it so that if a user connects a foreign device to the port, the port goes into errdisable.What I want to do is the same thing at layer-3. From time to time, us...