Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Filter ARP packets

Hi,I have the following issue:Upstream --Fe0/0-- Cisco 7120 --Fe0/1-- Internet Exchange PointThe Cisco router terminates some L2TP tunnels. Each time a tunnel flaps, the router generates the following ARP packet:Jun 2 18:44:27: IP ARP: sent rep src ...

Hi Sir,Below is the data sheet of Cisco Catalyst 3560 Series Switches:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5528/product_data_sheet09186a00801f3d7d.htmlReferring to Table 3, the Maximum Power Consumption for Cisco Catalyst 3560...

limtohsoon by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I want to tunnel my traffic over an MPLS, some of my app. is sensitiv according MTU, so there will be some amount of fragmentation, I have connection speed at 1 Gbit/sec. What equipment (router/switch xxxx) can i use for this ???

bjarneaak by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, i took this example from wendell odom exam cert map-class frame-relay shape-all-64 frame-relay traffic-shape 64000now it was written in description that bc was calculation using bc = tc * cir where tc defaults to 125 ms, in which case bc sho...

I have a switch, and I want to configure a trunk port to not communicate between VLAN 61 to 71. I tried putting an ACL on the VLAN interface and it did not work

Hello, we have 2 C4006 connected with fiber channel in a portchannel configuration, sometimes on of the two catalyst in the logg i have the following messages, can you tell me how to troubleshoot it, the problem is that we loose client server connect...

Hi,Just two short questions on GLBP and dynamic routing. Does GLBP protocol which are configured on both router must use together with any dynamic routing in a network? Can static routing be used?Regards,Daniel Alex

alexals by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Whats a good size for a 4507R for a logging buffer size without taking too many resources but still giving adequate logging size to see things if something happens? The default of 4096 is way too small.

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Quick NAT Question

I dont have a lab right now to lab it up, so I need some expertise...with the statementip nat inside source static network 10.0.0.0 3.0.0.0/24 any address on the 10.0.0.0 network will get NATed to an address on the 3.0.0.0 network, correct?But how ar...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 6506 vs 6506E

Can I use the same ios file for any of the 6506 or 6509 or do I need to download individual file for 6506 and 6506E.

nawas by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I wanted to know if you guys can recommend some good books on the following topics:1) Wireshark2) Switches and Routers3) Firewalls4) Intrusion detection5) Cisco CertificationActually anything related to networking (i know pretty broad) would b...