Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

dear users,I walked into an interesting spanning-tree issue today. I read a lot of docs about stp, but none of the articles explain the following situation:(i have included a .vsd drawing)Imagine you have three switches A-B-C connected in a star top...

Resolved! 3560 sfp ?

am going for the the 3560.(Catalyst 3560 24 10/100 + 2 SFP Standard Image (WS-C3560-24TS-S)) What advantage do i stand with this model. The SFP (small form factor).What advantage is SFP IF I DONT INTEND TO USE FIBRE IN MY NETWORK ENVIRONMENT. I will ...

T1success by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi netpro:I have a big problem ,the module WS-X6348-RJ-45 is not working on my core switch 6509 , the port can't forword the packet ,and I reload the switch ,so all ports on module 6348 is orange ,and display errdisable. Please tell me what is the re...

jj-zhou by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If my CatOS switch is configured with "set config mode text", can I upload a config just by pasting the entire config at the prompt and it will run through it line by line like on a IOS switch?

Resolved! Remove statement

How do I remove the statement "no ip mroute-cache" from my vlan config!interface Vlan315 description AGS ip address 10.10.20.1 255.255.252.0 ip helper-address 10.4.48.1 ip helper-address 10.4.55.5 no ip mroute-cache!I had Multicast routing on with th...

the actalizaciones of the ios of equipment Cisco each whatever is advisable to make themlas actalizaciones de los ios de los equipos cisco cada cuanto es aconsejable realizarlos

We have run into a strange problem that we are trying to get answers on. We have a WAE box setup in one of our locations, and when we try to ping hosts in the same private subnet from the WAE box, certain IP's will ping but not others. All the host...

vincentm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have (2) networks; one is a private point-to-point T1 the other is a VPN connection across the public internet. I am trying to get the two sites to communicate through my corporate office where both the t1 and VPN is terminated. On the T1 side i ha...

verbbbie2 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Folks, I'm not that familiar with CatOS and am currently migrating 4006 blade ports to a big stack of 3750s. I want to make sure that I get every line of config for each port on the 4006 so I can transpose it to the 3750 ports. It seems like the ...

srose by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We recently converted our CATOS 6509 with an MFSC2 to Native IOS, 122-18.SXF8, and I want to view specically the SP memory, but cannot find the command. We know the RP memory by a "sh ver", but need to see the SP memory. Does anyone know the command?...

Hello Folks,1. The vlans main advantage is to increase broadcast domains ok/not? where the L2 switches (2950) have only one broadcast domain for all ports coz only we are creating vlans in L2 am i right?2. Now my in L3 switch each port have one broad...

Hi Guys,I m having a problem with 3560 POE it doesnt keeps VTP information.It is configured as clinet,no vtp password and proper domain name.Stange thing is that sometimes it get vtp info and sometimes not.Please help.ThanksMahmood

HiWe run a 6509 with Sup720 and IOS 12.2(17a)S. Last night after a power outage the 6509 failed to reboot properly. Instead, when logging on via console we were presented with an rommon prompt. Entering 'boot' booted the system.Can anyone please sugg...

PDEdwards by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes