Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

What are the Possibilities for Route-Filtering incoming OSPF-Routes.There isn't a way such in RIP/EIGRP (DV-Routing) because of the LSA-System in OSPF (LS-Routing). Experts also warn for Routing-LOOPs if you do route-distribution by RouteMAP/ACL.Ques...

rnolden by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Can anyone tell me the difference between using hsrp to track an interface, and putting the interfaces to want to make for redundancy in the same group, surely this would achieve the same thing ?

Right now the technician setup our dual ISP connections as a manual cable switch. Does anyone know of a way to make the failover automatic and possible share the load? I know they have devices out there that will do it but we have all Cisco product...

wrwiii122 by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Upgrading ios on cat 6506 from 12.1 to 12.2system got crashed when i tired to upgrade c6sup22-dsv-mz.121-23.E2.bin to s222-ipservices_wan-mz.122-18.SXF7.bin on cat 6506. some funny msg (Software forced crashed)Do i need to upgrade the bootldr to upgr...

HiI've been asked by BT if my current infrastructure can support a VoIP installation. Specifically I need to know if my 6009 and 3548xl switches support 802.1p and are capable of classifying data based on diffserv code points and IP COS/TOS fields. T...

turnermr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can a 4006 with a Supervisor II switching module trunk with a 4006 with a router module. Using the gbic for fiber connectivity.2.I'm a newbie, what would be an example of the configuration to do this for each switch.3. I believe I'll have to setup tw...

food by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a set of 3 cisco 1900s switches all uplinked to cisco 2900XL which is uplinked to a router, and then the internet...all works great all the time.. i just have everyone plugged into the 1900s on the same 192.168.5.0/24 network via DHCP addresse...

jo2jo1518 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been given a configureded 350 seires bridge (static Ip address) that I am trying to install on my home network. But when using the device Mac address with the Cisco IPSU software to get the ip address assigned to the bridge, there is no reply...

batesse by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI'd like to know if it is possible to make an LRE link with two CPEs.This is to connect a far station (300 m) to a 2960 switch without the use of an LRE switch.Thanks for answering

eh_ham by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anybody know the commands to configure a switch so that it forwards packets to a specified port. That way if you have a PC with a sniffer on it you can monitor the packets? I saw a friend do this once but forgot the commands.Thanks!

I need a little help understanding various IOS versions. I understand that I'm allow to upgrade versions within my current feature set and that if I need a different feature set I have to purchase it.What I don't understand is the difference between ...