Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm looking at improving the speed and resilience of a 250+ user network with 10 servers. Everything is connected through 8 3com 4400 switches.Can anyone recommend a switch that will allow the servers and either the current or new switches (possibly...

podowduk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configured a Cisco 851 (IOS 12.4(11)T) to connect to the Cisco 3000 Concentrator (v4.72G). I am having multiple problems: 1. On the concentrator I have specified multiple domain names for split DNS "hq.portablesunlimited.com,hq.cellfonestore.c...

sjalan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Recently, I am finding a lot of warning entries in my Windows 2000 DNS server's event log. These messages are generated every five to ten minutes and they say something like "The DNS server encountered an invalid domain name in a packet fr...

h-kholghi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I understand that the Catalyst 3560 supports basic IP routing by default. We would like to use the switch for inter-VLAN routing, however, our configuration requires the use of the IP Helper command to forward broadcast packets to a DHCP server locat...

Hello,Let's say I have the segment 172.25.96.0/24 for a Lan.I have two routers(1711) in this lan using hsrp and 1 virtual router for the gateway.How can I separate the segment in my dhcp configuration on both routers in order to have ip resolution wh...

If end-users mistakenly loop two L2 switch ports via a shared-HUB (somethimes it happens in our campus resident network), then we would see MAC flapping on the 2 switch ports, and it would cause switch high cpu utilization, is there any way we could ...

a12288 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi !I am wondering how a fastE interface can show line protocol 'down'.If it was a serial interface, it could be because of mismatching layer2 protocol or protocol type or a clocking issue. but how come a fastE interface can show down ? I have adjust...

aravindhs by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have MPLS link provided and supported by the vendor. Provider-managed CE router connects to our core switch - Gig port where as the speed of the link is only 100Mb. Since switch port is Gig, it will never signal congestion to invoke queueing/dropp...

nkhwaja by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I would like to set up link aggregation for my servers on 2960.Which methods do you advise me?There are several options:-LACP-Active StandbyThe idea is to have 2 Cisco 2960, on which I would like to attach 2 NIC of the servers (1 NIC on each 2...

rdubo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Now, I meet some load balance questions in eigrp:1)There are 2 routers from NetA to NetB in Eigrp, and one via Ethernet0 and the other via Serial0.These 2 routers deploy load balance. But now the load balance don't work, even if I change router metri...

king-1195 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, i am on a Vlan10, trying to connect to another Vlan20 through a router, and the switches i used are being connected in a trunk way, i could ping the pcs with the Vlans, but couldnt ping from my Vlan10 to Vlan20

Have a 2950 switch that was configured by another company. Need to change IP address. Tried resetting the switch via documentation but when pressing the mode button switch led's do not blink. Have done this on other 2950 and 2960 switches without a h...

I have not tried that before, but on an interface can we have the primary IP address and the secondary IP address on the same subnet, for exampleinterface fast0/0ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0ip address 10.1.1.2 255.255.255.0 secWill the router ac...

Ahmede by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card