Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We've been having a lot of power outages here lately and turns out our UPS is giving out so the switch has been going offline constantly. I've been having to run the boot bootflash: command to get it to load the IOS image. The configuration value see...

6506 log.PNG

Greeting, I'm unable to Ping from PC1 to PC2, which displays "Request time out" always. But, can successfully Ping from PC2 to PC3. Attached are all the screenshots below from Cisco Packet Tracer. regards,Taha12345

SR1.PNG SR2.PNG SR3.PNG SR4.PNG
Taha879 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We notice a lot of L2FM-4L2FM mac address alerts within on Nexus 9k device. We found this link below explaining this behavior is caused by an L2 loop when the switch is receiving packets from the same host (source mac) on two or more different int...

Hello, Our initial plan was to add the 4th switch in an existing stack BUT now we will be replacing our 3rd  stack member with new switch.  the current stack has no  switch priorities set.  STEP -1on a new switch  before connecting to the stack switc...

HI Community, I am completly new to Qos on Cisco.we would like to implement QoS on our network (based on 2960X - 15.2(2)E7 - license LAN BASE in use)  for Teams communication so that to prioritize Teams traffic according to their specifications (port...

romi tchou by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Senior's, There are 5 Switches in stack running IOS Version 16.xx . In which 3rd switches gone faulty and I have received a RMA switch against that faulty switch which is having Upgraded Version of IOS and I want to add that switch in that Stac...

Hi Community,I have a Catalyst 3850 running IOS 16.3.I have several VLANs on an 802.1Q Trunk, being delivered by a service provider (SP). I need to individually Shape traffic for each VLAN. When I use the Shaping Average command, I receive the follow...

claurie by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to monitor an IE1000 switch via SNMP however, I can't find some variables (CPU, memory, temperature) using snmpwalk. Is it possible to get such variables using snmpget? If not, any suggestions other than using SNMP?

marcusvmc by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok, I'm a bit new to Cisco and networking and actually working with another vendor on this issue. The vendor has access to the Cisco 892 router and I have access to the 2950 switch.  The issue is they make a change on the 892 which I was told is trun...

gkrl824@ by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I searched and couldn't find definitive steps/answer:My 4507 is showing a faulty supervisor:Chassis Type : WS-C4507R Power consumed by backplane : 40 Watts Mod Ports Card Type Model Serial No. ---+-----+---...

maloyal by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes