Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have two switches connected: a core and  an access switch. The trunk ports between the switches are configured to only allowed certain vlans, because I don't want the access switch to see all the VLANs. However, the access switch still sees a...

Resolved! Routing

I have attached a drawing for clarity.  I currently have one firewall that connects my network to he internet with web and VPN access. What I am trying to do is test my web filter to the internet for the a subnet 10.2.254.0/24. I would like the route...

I have an access-list MANAGEMENT        permit udp any eq snmp any        permit udp any any eq snmp        permit tcp any any eq telnet        permit tcp any eq telnet any       permit tcp any any eq 22       permit tcp any eq 22 any  My question ...

HiI am looking at using 2x 4500X switches in a VSS setup.I want to connect several stacks of 2960x series switches in an MEC arrangement, one to each VSS member.Preferably I would like to use Dual Active Detection on the VSS.Would the 2960x switches ...

Hey Guys, I have a short question to the upgradepath of Cisco.Device# sh versionCisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst L3 Switch Software (CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.03.00SE Would it be possible to upgrade directly to Version 3.3.xSE...

kuhr00001 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi , We have configured Dual-Active Detection with Fast-Hello  but still we are seeing dual-active recovery mode: No Please suggest6509#sh switch virtual dual-active summPagp dual-active detection enabled: YesFast-hello dual-active detection enabled:...

On 3850 configuration guide, I came across PAgP desirable mode is not supported in the switch stack (cross-stack EtherChannel).http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/layer2/configuration_guide/b_lay2_3se_3...

adimakmur by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I am new to configuring switches.I have been given the task of configuring IP SLA in cisco 1941 router. I have performed following operation:Device> enableDevice# configure terminalDevice(config)# ip sla 1Device(config-ip-sla)# icmp-echo xxx....

Dear Team,     As per the requirement i've created 10 VLANs. and also configued HSRP for failover. Out of 10 Vlans we have configured DHCP for 2 VLANs in the active switch.My concerns:1. Do we have to configure DHCP in standby switch too?2. If yes, i...

Hi All, We are planning on connecting a Cisco 2811 router that will be acting as a voice gateway to a pair of Cisco FEX 2248s that are connected to a parent Nexus 5548s. Each FEX is connected to Each 5548 so that we can use Enhanced vPC. Are there an...

de1denta by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 1751-V that has the following hardware configuration:A Packet Voice DSP Module installed in Slot0 on the mainboard.WIC/VIC Slot 0: 4 Port FE Switch - WIC-4ESWWIC/VIC Slot 1: Serial 2T (12in1) - WIC-2TWIC/VIC Slot 2: 1 Port Ethernet - WIC-1EN...

Hi,I have a 1921 Router with two gig interfaces but only one of them seems to work.Both of them are connected to a 3750 switch with the same config on both ports.I have tried different cables but no difference. I had a look on the command show contro...