Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello AllI have a customer who has a Cisco 2821 router with software 2821/HSEC/K9 and they wish to upgrade to C2821-VSEC-SRST/K9.From my understanding they want to use the same router but install an IOS with the capabilites it has at the moment but w...

feisalb by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Looking for a bit of design helpWe currently run 1 Cisco 6509 (CatOS) for our production network. It has multiple vlans which feed distribution switches on each floor in 2 buildings.Essentially each floor is its own vlan. Each floor switch is connect...

dclee by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 2821 running Version 12.4(3b)We inserted the HWIC-4ESW and copied the config over from an identical router (same model, same card type, etc.).  I'm not seeing the ethernet ports though!  when i do a "show ip int br" all I can see is th...

Customer has ordered the following routers, which will go in three separate locations. 1.  3945 W/SPE150, IP Base Image2.  3945 Voice Bundle, includes PVDM3-64 and (1) 2-port T1 MFT 3.  2911 IP Base Image. If the customer wants to move the Voice imag...

dvaggalis by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a customer that is interested in building a fiber ring network.  Original discussions centered around building a network with approximately 15 devices on the network.  So we sold and implemented 14 Cisco Catalyst 2960S switches and 1 Catalyst ...

david by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Wireless Phone --> 881W router --> VPN --> ASA5510 --> LAN with CCM and Voice GatewayPhone registers to CCMInternal calls workExternal calls connect but get no voice in either directionAny thoughts?

jcmartin by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a situation where I need to get multicast video stream out of a system(sys1), through what will hopefully be a Cisco switch in L3 mode(sys2), to another sytem(sys3) so it can capture the multicast stream.  Sys3 cannot be directly connected ...

millerlw by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I have 2 sets of network elements(NE) which are located at different locations. Both sets of NEs are in the same area, so I need to connect them to eac other via a existing core router that supports area 0.  Also, I have Type 10 LSAs that must be ...

My question is, if a network does not have any redundant links, does all traffic still flow through the root bridge on each VLAN? I can see how it would if there were redundant links, but I am struggeling to picture it without.