Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Throughput

Hello, I have an internet of 400 Mbps to my ISP, but the router that receives the signal from the ISP despite having 1G ports, has a throughput of 250 Mbps. Does this mean that my internet connection will be limited to 250 Mbps? Thank you.

newIntern by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've setup ssh logins on my older 2960s and I get a warning that I can't find anything to clear. Here are the settings I have.AAAaaa authentication login telnet localaaa authentication enable default enableaaa authentication dot1x default group radiu...

rsblind by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,            I have 2 Catalyst 9500 working in a VSS design. There are 2 ports in the VSS bundle, but so far we don't have the dual active detection link connection. We got a specific interface dedicated for this already configured, and in the ...

fabio1984 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I'm new here. I am trying to replace a catalyst 2960 switch with a catalyst 9200 series switch. Is it possible for me to pull the configs on the catalyst 2960 switch and put it into the new catalyst 9200 switch?  Thank you in advance for the help...

In some low budget project we use OEM SFP modules succesfully.Now in the C1000 switch series (for exmple C1000-8FP-2G-L) the modules will be err-disabled after reload of the switch: *Oct 28 15:33:50.232: %GBIC_SECURITY_CRYPT-4-VN_DATA_CRC_ERROR: GBIC...

We are experiencing a large number of output discards between two C3850 stacks (sw version 16.12.05b).They are both (collapsed)core switches in two different datacenters connected by a 10G LR single-mode fiber. It’s a layer 2 connection. Almost all o...

reccon by Level 1
  • 25 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Nexus 7K and I have a need to connect it layer 2 to a 3850. I have only 1 vlan that needs to be set up to communicate from servers attached to the 3850 to servers that live in our UCS environment that live off of the 7K's. just looking to se...

sikest by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

When using the redundancy force-switchover command in the case of the vss failover command of equipment C4500, how can I apply the same command of equipment 3750?

lowclear by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Gurus, In my data center environment, we have deployed MST with a particular domain name A. However this site is already going to be vacate and we in progress of deployed another network environment in another DC using Nexus switch with MST as wel...

Hello everybody!I am experiencing an unusual behavior in our network. Unfortunetely I have no idea what could cause this problem. We are using Dyamic ARP Inspection on most of our VLANs. Since 7 days there are several clients (on different sites) whi...

MH311x by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

I am a bit confused between setting a specific switch to be the root using the root-primary command or setting the same switch to have a priority of 0. which command has a stronger effect (root-primary or setting the priority to 0). If a new switch i...

MikeNY85 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes