Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello folksI am trying to log any kind of message thrown by Catalyst 6500 switch as well as want to log all the logging session of a user. I have little idea of configuring syslog server but no idea about configuring syslog or any log server in cisco...

We currently have all our catos accepting both SSH and telnet sessions . We need to turn off telnet now . For most except our distr. boxes we do not have any permit lists applied. What is required on catos to shut off telnet for both boxes that ...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 x SDSL lines (from the same ISP) and 2 x 2800 routers- these terminate with Site2Site vpn tunnels to an ASA.Does anybody know how best to configure these to utilise both lines at the same time and maybe have some resilience as well.many than...

Hi allI created today a new transparent context on my FWSM (3.2(6)) which is in a 6509 with IOS in the slot 9.Here my configuration: firewall multiple-vlan-interfacesfirewall module 9 vlan-group 1,firewall vlan-group 1 30,[others-removed]1030!vlan 1...

patoberli by VIP Alumni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're currently trialling implementing Microsoft Office Communication Server and are struggling with implementing QOS on our 2950's. How best can we implement QOS on our 2950's to support OCS?Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks

jonhill by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On my router 7609, I've these modules as follows:slot3: SFM 16 port 1000mb GBICslot4: 48 port 10/100mb RJ45slot5: Sup engine 720slot7: SFM 48 port 10/100mb RJ45slot8: 8 port 1000mb GBIC enhanced QoSslot9: CEF720 4 port 10G EthernetSo, as you see, I c...

h.dam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I would like to know if is possible to upgrade a Catalsyst 4500 with supervisor engine II with CatOS to IOS system, and what is the procedure. Can we load an IOS software with supervisor engine II?

friends, Eigrp will have "Six" entries in routing table for same destination,Default is "four", set to "one" to disable load balancing, if that is the case, why load balacing needs to be disabled, its good in case of link failure when the primary rou...

Hi all, when I make a connection to say a web server, my pc uses a random source port to destintation port 80 on the server, what would the source pot be from the webserver to my pc, would it be 80 ?