Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I am little confuse in portfast and bpduguard concepts, i know when it is enter at interface level it transition the port to forwarding state(portfast) and if bpdu is received on port it is put in errdisable state(bpduguard), but i am not getting ...

Asif.oxy by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, 9300 switch got rebooted and i can see below message . Could you please let me know what it means : %PLATFORM-4-ELEMENT_WARNING: Switch 1 R0/0: smand: 1/RP/0: limited space - copy files out of flash: directory. flash: value 100% (1910 MB) exc...

got an odd one I haven't encountered before.  I have one VLAN with devices on it that can't communicate to 1 of my other vlans.  I have a layer 3 switch with several interface VLANs following the scheme 10.x.a.x, 10.x.b.x, 10.x c.x etc.  I had full c...

Hello Cisco Community, I get the following error when I do show license status.   Is this normal? perhaps a bug or defective unit?  Thanks for your help in advance!  Device Credential Verification: FAIL Router# sh license statusLicense Type Supported...

Hello,As far as I know, stacking has a shared control plane (master has the control plane) and vPC has separate control planes. But what happens when you have a intervlan routing in your stack or vPC? Are all layer 3 packets routed by the master in a...

jmprats by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am praticing basic command by Packet Tracer and have problem with adding port name/ description on the switch. Q: I want to label the port name of f0/1 as "Trunk". I have already added the description command. But, the Name column on "sh int...

Hi All - Trying to setup a monitor session on my C9500 running switch stack virtual , trying to use vlans as the source but can only add 5 before I get the "unrecognised command" error message.Running Gibraltar 16.12.0  Core_Switch(config)#monitor se...

Hi everybody, I recently discovered the nice Web UI which is built in the last os (Release Fuji-16.9.6 MD). I have just a dumb question : how can I configure an interface range in the WebUI (like the CLI command "int range")? I didn't see any way to ...

renArD by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes