Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Greetings,I have two DSL lines coming into a 2811 router. Due to helping out with bandwidth, I need to seperate groups of interneal IP addresses and assign them to different gateways (DSL lines). I want to ask what commands I need to use to do this...

We have a 1700 router running v12.3. The router has one 1ENET interface card. This connection is going to a wireless ISP. From the router, we can ping to the inside addresses and to the outside addresses. From our inside addresses, we cannot ping pas...

Dear All,I got the following errors from my cisco 2621 router - the network connection between our ISP and our router suddenly unstable and have packet lost. But after router reload, the problem will be resolved.This error message does not show up fr...

leungalx by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have some Cisco 1750 routers at the edge of our network which are running RIP. We were advised to use static routes on the router, since there was only one route (across a WAN link) for traffic to go from the hub connected to the router, as RIP wo...

eshah by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

/***Message moved***/Hi, I'd like to do a network and i'd like to know what kind of hardware I will need(I think routers and backbones) and what model of this hardware.I explain my situation:We have some buildings: Madrid, New York and London. Each b...

Good morning,I have got a switching environment with around 300 users.I am worried that 300 is a too big number for the domain. They are heavy users (email, printing, internet etc). Do you have any best practice indication (CCO link) about the design...

mcardell by Cisco Employee
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As we know , if we want to connect PC to cisco switch we are going to use straight through cable, and between PC and router we are going to use cross over.Now can adopt that when we have similar devices ( PC and router (mini PC)) ,we use cross over ?...

Hello all, I have a problem with like about 30 AP out of 400. These 30 AP reboot by itself once in while. I was thinking that maybe it have to do with the IOS I am running, but there are some with the same IOS no having this issue. Can anybody pro...

pfizcisco by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to get a Cisco 1721 (with an ADSL WIC) connected to the internet (then to our concentrator via Lan 2 Lan VPN). I had it all connected on a test bed using a static IP Address and using PAP/CHAP. The ISP where I need to install this is n...