Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I am getting the below messages on my Cisco 6500 series switches every 1min. The IOS version is 12.2(33)SXI6 & with SUP32-GE-3B%ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa1/1: Power Device detected: Cisco PD%ILPOWER-7-DETECT: Interface Fa1/1: Power Device ...

Hello,I have connected router Cisco 2851 (Ge0/1= LAN, Ge0/0= WAN) and switch Cisco WS-C2950G-48-EI . On router LAN interface I would like to create 30 subinterfaces (every subinterface for one user) and this subinterfaces should be unnumbered to Ge0/...

Resolved! VTP Settings

my LAN is set up with default VTP settingscore switch cisco 6509 vtp serveraccess switches 2960 vtp serverno vtp domain set on any switchesno vtp password setuntill now i manually set the vlans on switches (didnt see anything  automatic created on sw...

dearskindly why the nexus 2k has 8 uplink ports ????My opinion and plz correct me ..... thats because the nexus 7k or 5k can be devided into 4 virtual devices  ( using vdc)and making 8 uplink ports in the 2k will allow us to use the extender for all ...

Hello friends!I'm trying to understand various vPC/Nexus failure scenarios and I'm not sure I understand the purpose of vPC auto-recovery.Suppose I have a pair of Nexus 7k's (n7k-1 and n7k-2) with a 3rd device dual-homed via a functional vPC.  If I p...

ds6123 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a Cisco Nexus Datacenter solution with this design:Every Nexus 5K is connected with every Nexus 2K with a Port-Channel and vPC.What is the best way,to keep the configurations of the nexus switches synchronous? I have no DCNM (Mgmt.-Tool)...

All,I currently have nexus 5Ks and 2ks interconnected and everything is working fine except L3 routing outside to another router. I can ping between SVI within the Nexus environment but I cannot ping a router that’s attach to the FEX port. Also do yo...

Hello,My name is Moshe and I came across the following article from CiscoPress:http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=474239&seqNum=2Going through the article, I found out about the issue of Buckets:"As previously mentioned, the CAM table h...

hi ,i have router R1 which is connetced to isp pstn and running pppovpdn , i mean that the customers use ADSL so that they reach the internet , i can say about my self that im an isp .im trying to apply ip policy so that some users have a different  ...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am getting the following error on my routers:%IP_VFR-4-FRAG_TABLE_OVERFLOW: GigabitEthernet0/1: the fragment table has reached its maximum threshold 16I guess this may be affecting OSPF as I constantly see the following error:Dec 24 09:38:50.685...

synbureau by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

haii,i am new to the networking.my friend gave me a routing table with some ststic routes configured .he said the routing table belongs to a firewall.but i cant understand how the packets are forwarded .he alo said that he had a l3 switch in between ...