Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I know I can do DSCP tags for QoS on packets, but is there a quick and dirty way to prioritize a (or several) VLANs over every other VLAN going through a switch port?Example:Regardless of what type of traffic is on the VLAN I want to always guarantee...

Hi All,I have a requirement to build a redundent network, at my office, We have SG300 52 and 24 Port devices , so my manager is asking to use those as L3 Device, as Core switch to do the job of Inter Vlan routing and Default and static routing to rea...

I am running a 15.1 or so version of the IOS on a 1921 router. I have plugged in the external PoE injector into the router, and the PoE light on the front of the case is lit green. I have no options in the IOS to enable power on the EHWIC ports. Any ...

tomrayjr by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a pair of 5596 running in a vPC with Nexus 2248 connected to each N5596.  When I do the command "show fex" I get the follwoing output on the 2nd 5596Number    Description      State            Model            Serial     ----------------------...

Hi all,if i have this config:switchport mode trunktrunk aloved vlan 50will travel over this trunk untaged packets? For eg the vlan 1 is by default native vlan without tag. If i have created a bog ring with catalyst 3560x switches with no spanning tre...

On a 3560G running 12.2(58)SE2 I have configured an snmp v3 group withsnmp-server group operAuth v3 auth context vlan- match prefix read All notify AllQuestion is how to delete this from the running config?I tried:no snmp-server group operAuth v3 aut...

Dear Experts,I am very biggener to Cisco World. I am going to creat VLANs very 1st time therefore for test purpose I have following simple scnerio.I have created 2 VLANs , VLAN2 and VLAN3 on Cisco Catalyst 2960 series switch. Ports 1-12 is assigned t...

HelloI would like to inquire if there is a way to disable password reset option via console on 2800 and 2900 series routerthanksST

Dear All,anyone can help me.its a hardware problem or just not get power to module 1 for module WS-X6748-GE-TX?this is the capture from show module and sh log :------------------ show module ------------------Mod Ports Card Type                      ...

I am buying a Nexus 5K (N5K-C5548UP-FA) with the layer 3 card (N55-D160L3 - Nexus 5548 Layer 3 - Daughter Card).The switching capacity of it is 960 Gbps but I know I should expect less doing the Layer 3 function  (it will only be used with static rou...

HiI am struggling to understand the concept of multicast,each time i read about it i m left with questions which i didnt find answers.Hence please can someone explian me how multicast actually works with a clear example.I know that there are ...

mahmoodmkl by Level 7
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes