Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,As per the cisco 3 layer model, we have core , distribution and access layers.If we use this model and setup the switches accordingly.  It is mentioned that all vlan's propagation should be limited to Distribution layer only.Core layer is for swit...

Hi,I am looking for a way to tunnel ethernet frames over IP over cisco 3560s. L2TPv3 wont work as it seems its not supported in C3560s. I know how it can be done over ip/mpls backbone. I have to transport some vlans over IP backbone in the same way a...

If a packet is received with BOTH COS and DSCP markings which QOS label is used as a basis for selection of the egress queue and threshold….COS or DSCP?  Is it possible to control this behavior via configuration? 

Hi,We are trying to help a client decide if layer 4-7 switching is a necessity in their environment. They stream unicast video to the internet upto 500Mb/s total. The switch platform however would be handling much more internal traffic in addition to...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,Our company has 2 6509s running HSRP.We also has configure the switches to support Network Load Balancing by creating an ARP and static MAC Address for the virtual IP address of the Mircrosoft Cluster. (MULTICAST)We are currently running 3 ...

which  cisco  switch  has the following feature1- PoE configrations with up to 15.4 W of PoE for all ports2- PoE gigabit connection  , 12 Ports3- Multicast routing IPv6

aitriy001 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a stack of 2 switches with IOS version 12.2(25) SEE4 and want to add one more stack in the switch which has 12.2(44) SE5 image.1. Do I have to load the existing image to the new switch first before adding to the stack?2. If loaded the image...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card