Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,We just received (2) 7018 Nexus switches. We are looking to use these switches in the distribution layer with connectivity down to our layer 2 edge switches.  So it's not going to be used for DC.My questions are what type of First-Hop Redundanc...

latintrpt by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When attempting to configure the internal access point (wireless)  of our 881W via Cisco Configuration Professional v2.3, Interface Management | Wireless we are asked from a username and password.We have entered the admin username and password that w...

Resolved! ASR1000

dear all ...   i have router Cisco SAR1000 .... i set IP to management port ... the i enable the Web User Interface ... after that i write the IP in Browsing and the web appear tp me ... but it need username and password ... so what is the username a...

HiAs per document if you enable bpdu filter globally then switch port lose it port fast status and STP send and receivd BPDU on the port and it would with any other STP port on switch , if this is case why we are using BPDU filter in switch ? Can any...

What is the purpose of the command?  I've been reading up and haven't been able to find anything that really describes it in depth.  The only way I can find to exclude a VLAN from being pruned is to use "swi tru pru vl add x-y"...or use the trusty ol...

dbass by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 6500 in our main office and 3750's at several remote offices.  Our company also owns the"provider" part of the network and they want us to switch to doing q-in-q due to a new network infrastructure they are putting in place (non-Cisco gear)....

In the "Cisco LAN Switching" by Clark and Hamilton you can read:"Recall that SC0 is the management interface used in Catalyst switches such as the 4000s, 5000s and 6000s.This is where the management IP address is assigned to a Catalyst Supervisor.Bec...

Hi everyone,Any idea what is the Cisco show command will indicate below results ?Please respsonse.Attached Host IP Address MAC Address Attached To  Last Time Port Description 1 **any Host name ** 100.100.100.145 0014.38c5.279e **any Hostname** FastE...

Hi,I read that the Administrative distance of redistributed static routes in EIGRP is 170. is it the same for routes redistributed from other routing protocols also ?How does it vary if we assign k values in redistribute command. Likewise  what is th...

We just installed a brand new 6513-E switch with sup-720-3BI keep getting these errors in the log. I have an open TAC case but no response to a fix yet.If anyone got this error before, please let me know.Dec 23 19:50:54.614: %SIBYTE-CFC2-4-SB_LATE_CO...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card