Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi - i'm deploying around 30 Vlans with VTP to a new build. I'm going to use a dedicated VLAN & IP to monitor these devices. Obviously there will be no ports assigned to these Vlans, if i enable VTP pruning, will that cause me problems? Thanks _ JH

Hi - I'm about to deploy 3750E's.. but i can't find any documentation on them regarding specific configuration. Specifically stacking configurations / commands. Does anyone have a link? Thanks - JH

gusy i m new to 6500 and 4500.....can some one please tell m ethe difference between SUB 2, 3 and now SUB 720 Mudules....what is SFC...and MSFC an ddoes now it comes builtin in SUB 720......can someone please answer me in plain words....Thanks in adv...

I have a strange problem with a service-policy in a 4503. I set up the policy to rate limit all traffic with DSCP AF21 to 8 Mbps. However when I apply the configuration instead of give me 8 Mbps it rates limit the matching traffic to 200kbps or somet...

hi! is it possible to configure etherchannel for 2x10Gbps backbone link? or 2x 1Gpbs? Is that feasible or any example of such implementation?

dkblee by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I understand that there are three types of traffic in a switch enviroment:-Control Traffic (i.e. CDP, VTP always use VLAN 1)-Management Traffic (i.e. telnet, snmp -Vlan 100)-End user traffic (all of the remaining traffic - i.e. Vlans 10, 20, 30)I un...

Hi, Suppose we have many ACLs in a cisco router with lot of interfaces. Though we can see ACLs, we cannot figure out where they are applied, until we browse through the interfaces or running congfig. Any command to list a summary of ACLs along with...

raghum by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a 3560G core switch with a stack of 8 2950's all configured in a ring with spanning-tree turned on to prevent a switching loop.I'm trying to do Apple ASR multicast imaging to about 50 workstations. I'm using 224.0.2.123 as my multicast addr...

misleb by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone knows the mib ID of the following command "show mac-address multicast count"? I am able to run this command on my switch but when i use GetIf to retrieve the value, i am not able to find the value.

leonleong by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,we have CSM-SSL Module installed in our core 6509 switch, we use it to provide SSL and load Balance for our websitealso we use it to rewrite all http traffic to be https secure traffic.so anyone type www.abc.com in his browser it will redirect ...

Dear all,I'll miss the introduction and proceed to explain my problem.I have two WS-C3750G-24TS catalyst switches in a stack. Couple months ago I found out an issue with them and two days ago understood with my friends at work what exactly the proble...

dears,when i lunched SDM i just got this data with out GUI or graphs interfacesCisco SystemsAccessing Cisco 7204VXR "router-01"Show diagnostic log - display the diagnostic log. Monitor the router - HTML access to the command line interface at level 0...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card