Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a SiteA and SiteB. Both sites have T1 to the Internet. There is a ASA on both ends setting up the IPSec tunnel in between. SiteA has 2950 switch and Site B has 3560 switch. SiteA has a survillance camera and a server that stores the vide...

When my users type in the name of the exchange webmail server they sometimes get the router login screen instead of the exchange login screen! It may be happening only when the Exchange server is busy but it is very confusing to the end users! How ...

Hello, i want to know if it's possible to use vlan dot1q on a cisco 2611XM 12.2(12b) with 2 Fastethernet interfaces.I try to configure sub interfaces but it seems that i need to configure the interface as a part of 802.1Q and i don't know how to do t...

I'm looking at improving the speed and resilience of a 250+ user network with 10 servers. Everything is connected through 8 3com 4400 switches.Can anyone recommend a switch that will allow the servers and either the current or new switches (possibly...

podowduk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have configured a Cisco 851 (IOS 12.4(11)T) to connect to the Cisco 3000 Concentrator (v4.72G). I am having multiple problems: 1. On the concentrator I have specified multiple domain names for split DNS "hq.portablesunlimited.com,hq.cellfonestore.c...

sjalan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Recently, I am finding a lot of warning entries in my Windows 2000 DNS server's event log. These messages are generated every five to ten minutes and they say something like "The DNS server encountered an invalid domain name in a packet fr...

h-kholghi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I understand that the Catalyst 3560 supports basic IP routing by default. We would like to use the switch for inter-VLAN routing, however, our configuration requires the use of the IP Helper command to forward broadcast packets to a DHCP server locat...

Hello,Let's say I have the segment 172.25.96.0/24 for a Lan.I have two routers(1711) in this lan using hsrp and 1 virtual router for the gateway.How can I separate the segment in my dhcp configuration on both routers in order to have ip resolution wh...

If end-users mistakenly loop two L2 switch ports via a shared-HUB (somethimes it happens in our campus resident network), then we would see MAC flapping on the 2 switch ports, and it would cause switch high cpu utilization, is there any way we could ...

a12288 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi !I am wondering how a fastE interface can show line protocol 'down'.If it was a serial interface, it could be because of mismatching layer2 protocol or protocol type or a clocking issue. but how come a fastE interface can show down ? I have adjust...

aravindhs by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have MPLS link provided and supported by the vendor. Provider-managed CE router connects to our core switch - Gig port where as the speed of the link is only 100Mb. Since switch port is Gig, it will never signal congestion to invoke queueing/dropp...

nkhwaja by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I would like to set up link aggregation for my servers on 2960.Which methods do you advise me?There are several options:-LACP-Active StandbyThe idea is to have 2 Cisco 2960, on which I would like to attach 2 NIC of the servers (1 NIC on each 2...

rdubo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes