Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am looking for anyone experience's with migrating from the Cisco 6807 chassis switches with the 6800IA switches to the new Cisco Catalyst 9500/9300 switches. Particularly interested in design guides, lessons learned, gotcha's and other useful infor...

DAVID by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hi,I am working on nexus 7009 and I am getting Alert on Librenms (monitoring software) for down power supply&fan  although when I check  switch log (sh logging)  there is no log for down power supply.So I took a screen shot during the alert and after...

power supply down1.png
nesrin by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone,I'm looking for possible reasons why a C4900M running IOS 15.1(2)SG8 would suddenly start incrementing Rx-No-Pkt-Buff (in "show interfaces counters detail") during peak hours on all on-board 10G interfaces with traffic (none of them ev...

Hi, I'm trying to reset 2960X, but when the process is complete, my switch has already some old configuration line like the switch number. I follow the method with Mode button (http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960xr/hardwar...

How do I configure a vLAN as the native vLAN for the SG350X switch using the GUI? (if possible, otherwise command line is fine)  I want to create a trunk that contains all vLANs to connect the physical switch to a Nutanix cluster (4×1Gb x 4 hosts, us...

Nomandu by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

HI all, I've noticed, and read that a /22 subnet in an not to large network should be fine.But it got me thinking about what are the best practices when you take the amount of switches in a broadcast domain in account. For example (in this case an re...

Kleedje by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes