Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Wanted to get some clarification. I know that these are purley Layer 3 but with a NIM we can enable Layer 2 support. Question is does this enable Layer 2 support on all interfaces? Ex. the original routed SFP ports? Or is this limited to just the NIM...

Krish88 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

We have an implementation project coming up around the beginning/middle of January 2021 using C9300/C9500 switches into 4-post racks.  Unfortunately, the lead times on the 4-post mounting kits are out to the end of March right now.  I was wondering i...

RB6502 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Hello, I have a switch Cisco SG300 (in L2 mode, in last firmware version) with 3 VLANS. I defined an IP address on my VLAN 41 for switch management (Web gui acces, ssh, ...). My problem is that I can't seem to set an IP on my other two VLANs. For exa...

fabienfs by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all I have a specific request to rate-limit a 10 Gbps interface to 1 Gbps throughput. Hardware is a C9300-24T with IOS 16.9.  Is that easily possible? I know that will cause packet-loss, but that's acceptable for this connection. And yes I know th...

patoberli by VIP Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everyone, glad to be apart of the group. I have the following task to do and do not find a solution:The task is to authenticate an supplicant switch on an authanticator system against Microsoft NPS or freeradius.I cheked out this configurations...

guidance required regards this 1: Identify the network Region and highlight it with help of drawing tool2: Use an appropriate IPv4 scheme for the given topology and configure the environment3: The PC0 and PC7 from network and 1 and 2 respectively, co...

Hello, I have a CISCO 4331 with a 24 Port Switch Module installed internal to the router.  I also have a Cisco 9300 24-port SFP switch (no network module).  I am trying to establish connectivity between all three devices.  Normally, I set up VLAN Int...

Is there ANY WAY to change the VTP mode and domain in a Catalyst 9500 from transparent to server without human intervention? That is without manually configure 'vtp mode server' and 'vtp domain MyVtpDomain'At one site they plugged in a Cisco switch w...

Resolved! 3850 VRF

Hi,Quick one :How many VRF does 3850 switch support with the IP services license enabled? ThanksSamy

ssg14 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I want to purchase four C9200L-24T-4G-A switches for a new implementation concerning multicast streams.The switches must support floating static route, multicast routing (igmp, pim, mvr) and IP SLA in order to monitor the uplinks.Have you worke...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card