cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

Would appreciate some advice. Access point no longer shows any indication of receiving power. Could AC adapter only be fried or is the whole unit likely a goner? If the former, how best can I get a new adapter to try? If the latter, is it worth s...

Domeboys by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have been trying to upgrade some IBM T20 laptops running Win XP SP1 to support PEAP. The laptops have been operating without security and had the ACU loaded. Once the ACU is upgraded to 6.0, drivers to 8.30 and firmware to 5.20. from CCO, the set...

a.mayat by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I did setup BBSM 5.2 with internal interface on VLAN3 and all my network element are on VLAN 3 as well. When I run discovery wizards, it said snmp not corrent. I double check on the snmp string, all matches. I did key in VLAN 3 during discovery proce...

ccsam by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi friendsI understand that WLAN is a broadcast technology ?When is a Unicast or a Multicast packet used by the Wireless devices ?Thanks and regardsVijayendran

I have been able to setup EAP-TLS with Windows XP using the Windows network settings. I would like to use the Aironet Client Utility to control my profiles as it offers more configurability and information. I create a profile in the ACU with the SS...

brennanm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can anyone point me to a reference on what these MAC addresses might be?03:00:00:00:00:0101:40:96:ff:ff:ff01:40:96:00:00:0001:00:0c:00:00:00We had thought they might be multicast but have not yet found any info to back that up. We are seeing these m...

Does any one have any correlation between signal strength in dBm with that of the percent. Can it be as simple as comparing in a chart or is there a calculation that can be used. Or is this a matter of the "magic" of RF.

tlchant by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Gentlemen:I am working on a Cisco wireless project. The 1200AP got its IP from a DHCP server. But when I displayed the network interface, I found it has one 100M ethernet card and 11M AP radio interface. I thought that 1200 AP has a built-in 802.11a ...

Is there a formula for converting from percent of signal strength to dbm? A lot of my customers relate more to the percentage value but most of the programs I use are easier to use with the dbm value.

cgelnett by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We've started placing 1100s in our network. We've used 350s for some time and have noticed that the 1100s don't appear to have near the strength of the older 350s.The clients report higher strength from further distances connected to the 350 then the...

westcare by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone ever found out why on a BR350 the ethernet light will start flashing red and the unit stops passing traffic? I was hoping 12.03 would fix it, but nope. Signal strength is over 60% and usually the unit works fine at 11mb. It's not a bad u...

selphj by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are using the IOS version of the Aironet 1200 series with the 802.11B radio. In the event log, we have been receiving the following message: "Packet to client [mac] reached max retries, remove the client". When examining associated clients to the ...

dmayne by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am currently using 352's at some of my plants, but am looking to increase coverage. I am worried about the 300 series becoming EOL. Is there any information out there with a comparison of all the different series AP's? Any compatibilities issues...

decore by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card