Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiLets consider a layer 2 switch. Just see below configuration for an example...!vlan 3name williams!vlan 4name sam!vlan 12name harris!vlan 107name brucewilllis!vlan 150name harrisonford!vlan 151name willsmith!spanning-tree mst configurationname conf...

jegan1234 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have IP device on the farm switch(cat6500, which is an access layer siwtch), with the gateway on the core switches (Nexus7000), on the core when I do show ip arp, I found the macBut when I do sh mac add add of that mac there is no port attached to...

Have you guys seen a problem like this before?  After a shutdown due to power outage, some vlans being trunked to an access layer switch would not pass traffic.  Some vlans connected and allowed traffic, some did not.  We had to disable and re-enable...

blamb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am looking to automate the process of changing a vlan for an employee who requires access to an outside line seperate from our corporate network. This employee only works Mondays from specific hours and I am trying to use Kron to change the v...

Hi all,On core device we have vlan interface where Also we have configured no ip redirects Need to undertsand purpose of above command?ThanksMahesh

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys,I have following question we have 6500 series switches by default all port channel loadbalancing is src-dst-ip.Now we have a requirement to change LACP load balance method to src-dst-port.1) If we change LACP loadbalance method whar are the effe...

Hi,I am trying to configure BGP for ISP connectivity, when i enter the network statement under BGP the mask part does not appear hence the network is not advertised with the mask.See attached config;router bgp <OUR_AS> bgp log-neighbor-changes neighb...

Dear All,We are using Cat2950 24 ports switch & I am wondering it does support the following:I want to create vLan1 (the default) & assign to it ports from 1 to 16, then create vLan2 & assign to it ports from 17 to 24,Each vlan shouldn't see the othe...

adsc by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,My question is wrt policy-based routing on my network. Our switch is a 3560G 24PS running Adv Ip Services image. It is connected to an 1841 and an 1811 each with a dual-wan connection . The 3560 defines 6 vlans and we are using PBR to route some v...

IM-Design by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a small branch office using a 2951 router. I'm using the 2951 as the DHCP server for the site. It is handing out the addresses but, the users tell me in the morning when the come in they have to unplug their cat 5 cable from the wall - then...

hi ,im wondering how to block both youtube & facebook actually i dont knwo which method is perfect ,block the ips of sites ???or block the http & https  traffic ====>to youtube & facebook i have another difficulty  which is, how to know the ips of yo...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears ,  I have question regarding to control traffic between VLAN.  My VLAN located in Core switch and I need to prevent VLAN 10 from Accessing VLAN 20 and the same time I need VLAN 20 to access VLAN 10.   Please Advice