Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiWe have 11 * 3750x switches configured into 3 seperate stacks (3,4,4), I clustered them together,one of the Hostname on one of the stack changes name as though it did not originally have a hostname, If I change it back again it reverts back to the ...

Ok so I am not nearly as Cisco knowledgable as I want to be and probably less so about fiber but I have to start somewhere. I have 2 Cisco 3750x with 2 sfp+ modules (SFP-10g-lr) that don't see each other.  The layout is like this:  switch A -> fiber ...

I recently installed 3 new switches and did some intensive port work on them. like setting duplex, speed and channel-modes to them. And I'm still fairly a newbie trying to be a CCNA one day, but I keep seeing my ports go up and down.. like ports that...

Has anyone ever seen this issue where you see 169.x.x.x address from inside going to firewall. We do not have any such routes so this may be hard to find. But if anyone has a idea to try and locate issues like this any help would work. We are using P...

Hello all,I'm facing a very strainge problem.My situation is: I have a vpn connection IPSEC, between 2 routers. The vpn is ok, I can ping all the hosts form both sides.The strainge problem is: from site A to site B I can use telnet, ssh, http. From s...

Hello,I have a network enviroment that includes a 3750e, 4 3560G's, and 1 ASA 5550. The 3750 is being used as a router and is the vtp commander to the 4 remaining switches. The router has 6 SVIs used as gateways for different subnets. I use the 192.1...

lrgeocent by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm currently looking at backing up and restoring a 2800 series router via ftp.I see in the Cisco docs that it says to remove any line that begins with "aaa" to avoid being locked out. This router does not use any authentication servers (local use...

Hi, does anyone know is it ispossible to manually set the speed and duplex on a switch and for FLP to use those settings to negotiate with PCs that are set to Autonegotiate? I realize that once you manually set one end and leave the other end at auto...

sjburke by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to know whether SFP interfaces is supported in SFP+ interface created using Onex module.The Typical scenario is as under :Switch : Cisco 4900M with 8 nos of default X2 ports ( no half card installed)I am planning to install Onex converter modu...

mks by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guysI have recently started at a new small business who's network administrators have installed four netgear unmanaged switches. they also seem to have added lots of small netgear 8 port unmanaged switches whenever they have run out of cable. im c...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card