Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Assumptions:group 1 owns C2950 in lab and require mgmt access to switchgroup 2 owns C2950 in lab and require mgmt access to switcheach dept creates their own vlan's on their respective switchesproduction C3750 switches are corp managed only w/ define...

tsrader by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allRouters connecting through a LAN switch - the one router can connect to the rest of the network through two gateways. HSRP cannot be used on the gateways due to the restrictions of HSRPv1. Now we are using a static route through the primary r...

htaljaard by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I wonder where can I get alrets about new threats, new patches, or IOSs? and can these alerts be sent to my mail? and where can I subscribe to get an autherised access the Cisco IOS download tool in Cisco site?

ahmedssk by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we are planning to upgrading the 4006 (End of life) switch to 4506,we want to make use only baldes from existing 4006 and change everything which includes chasies, Powersupply and Sup Engine (will be changed with 4506)I have attached the part nu...

Hi, I seem to find conflicting information regarding the RPF check on MSPD peerings. Some documents say that you must run BGP for the RPF checks to be successful. You can bypass this neccessity by adding the command 'ip msdp peer rpf rfc3618'. see li...

Hi all, I need some help on the 877.Currently, my setup is using the 877 with 0/100 VCI/VPI.Recently, I need to add another VCI/VPI 1/100 for IPTV service.This interface will negotiate for an IP address through 1/100, and needs to be directed to the ...

Hi,My colleague by mistake has entered the command: "enable secret level 5" on the 2960 SW. He did not enter any other words after "5", but he is not able to access the SW with blank password! I am just wondering what the password will be in this cas...

I keep getting this error message when I try to get into the switch through hyperterminal. What does this mean? I upgraded the firmware to v5.37. Previously I was getting an invalid firmware error in diagnostic mode prior to the upgrade.

Hello,I have a Cisco 7206, running NAT. I am tanslating our internal network range to a single 'public' IP address. We are also running VOIP on our network. The router is runnig version 12.3After about 1-2hours, sometimes less, the router will just r...

Hi,My NMS send SNMP time out message from the host which is in a diffrent VLAN other than the NMS.I did't find anything wrong in my network and it seems to be no delay between these two.Please help me how to find out the resoluation for this issue.FY...

PLEASE HELP. We are trying to connect a Supervisor IV [Cat4506] via 2 GBICs to two SFPs in a 3560G. No matter what we try, the links on the 3560 do NOT stay up!! Has anyone seen anything like this? THANKS!!!

netsec123 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi ;I have a setup where i need to implement load balance on 2 routers in both sides ,LAN and WAN , and there is ASA in the LAN side , my question is that when do load blance in LAN side using GLBP how the 2 ASA's will act on this because they will ...

h_hammad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes