Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Pros,I need your help on the below issues asap.I am in 6509 SPrommon mode.in entering set cmd i can see 3 items as boot=BOOT=BOOTLDR=I entred BOOT=slot0:c6sup11-jsv-mz.121-26.E3BOOTLDR=slot0:c6msfc-boot-mz.121-26.E3.binthen resetI am getting err...

Dears,When i boot the chassis with 2 sup1As,the standby always fails with the message below then i can see the sh module shows both sup1As status ok.But system LED on both the sup1A are red color instead of green.Press RETURN to get started00:01:29:%...

We're running Blade Centers with CISCO modules in them and ran into a problem with the uplink ports...The 4 uplink ports (10/100/1000)were configured to auto/auto and, so were the ports (10/100/1000)on the upstream 3750 switch that the uplink ports w...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi;i need help. the problem is :In my network there is ip 10.10.2.74 .but when i ping this ip, i am unable to ping the same. but when i assign the same ip to any pc it says ip conflict.may be one pc might be having ip and the windows firewall is enab...

imnilesh by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

which is which? I have a FE port configured half duplex and other side GE full duplex whats the impact. Is it better to set on auto? How about the speed? any url for reading? thanks

We have a number of remote 3550 switches trunked back to a 4500 running over a 3rd party layer 2 network. If we wanted to ensure the data was secure what options are there to encrypt/tunnel or VPN multiple remote sitespreferably using existing kit?

just wanted to know whats the difference between sup 2 and 4 on 4500 swicth and what command would tell us that weather it can do routing or can only do layer 2 swicthing....cheers

The scenario given below, L3 switch connected to 2 local LAN routers which in turn connected to internet router.I would like to distribute the internet traffic from local LAN(L3 switch) on both RTRA and RTRB by adding static routes on L3 switch. How ...

avilt by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got an old cisco 4000 series router out of my dad's shed to help me learn to program routers for my ccna certification exam. I think I programmed the router correctly, but none of my ports on my modules seem to work. One of the lights is on but wh...

hi all,having an odd problem with some 3500xl's that i'm trying to configure for telnet access. i've configured a mgmt interface and i can ping it from the switch but i can't ping the gateway or anything else. likewise i can't ping the mgmt interfa...

mewash255 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the following setup.1. Cisco 871 router used as and inet router2. Cisco 871 router which forms a vpn tunnel and only tunnels certain traffic.The whole purpose of this setup is to be able to have a pc plugged into the inet router and use a stat...