Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hello everyone, I have enabled igmp snooping on pair nexus switches, and one of the switches logs shows the following (show ip igmp snooping event-history vlan  ), what is the meaning of the first line ?   2022 Oct 27 14:41:23.185364 igmp [8299]: [84...

ShKhan by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI'm trying to use the feature in a Cisco Switch that should be able to allocate an IP-address to a client based on what port it connects to (reason is is we have to replace a HW on a specific port the new HW SHALL automatically use the same IP as t...

ljohnsson by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

In my previous understanding, there is no way to communicate between two VLANs using only layer 2.After all, this is the purpose of having VLAN. But today, I heard sth really interesting from my coworker(I am really new to networking).They claim that...

Hello everyone,I'm not sure some of you maybe having an same issue with me, about weird logs.Yesterday, there were switch logs about interface down.On the switch logs (sh log) 5 interface ports has been down, but we don't have interface connections o...

bug..PNG
eeebbunee by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VXLAN and gateway

Hello, Two users contact each other over VXLAN. I notice the user config is like the below. The user config use router to simulate user pc without gateway setting up. Is this correct? Thanks  hostname HostA ! interface GigabitEthernet2 mac-address 0...

Leftz by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Currently trying to configure two HP C7000 Chassis ports bundled into one EtherChannel, trunking multiple VLANs on a Cat9300When we configure the interfaces with channel-group 10 mode on, both links come up bundled into the port channel but the ho...

Hello,I want to monitor the hard disk of a Cisco appliance, be it a Cat 9500 or a 9800. However I cannot seem to find the OID for that. DEVICE-WLC01#dir ?/all List all files/recursive List files recursivelyall-filesystems List files on all filesystem...

Resolved! VRRP configuration

Hi everyone, I have two switches. one 9200 and another 9300.I want to configure VRP between them, but the vrrp commands do not appear on vlan interface configuration.I've checked and I need to execute a command "fhrp version vrrp v3" first into the d...

agomes86 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello... Simple question for you experts...All I want to do is move mac address "0013.cb11.0a59" from VLAN 20 to VLAN 520... but how would I do it when the port is a trunk and I don't want to move the whole port to VLAN 520?Cheers All.Core Switch#sh ...

Danx1 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes