Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi alli have a 2960 switch with a dual purpose port ..  do i need spf to use it with UTP cable ? or i can connect RJ 45 directly into the dual purpose port ?in case if i need a sfp to connect a copper UTP cable in dual purpose port ..plz give me  a l...

I have 2 core switches hsrp running between. Three access layer switches are connected to these core switches. Vlan 220 configured on the core switches with vtp running.How do I accomplish the below mentioned points on my network to troubleshoot inte...

Resolved! Interface errors

I have a Cisco 6509 interface connected to an Avaya CLAN. Both are set to 10/ half duplex. But there are errors incrementing on its interface. Why is it happening. Someone at work told me its because both are half duplex but I don't buy that arguemen...

Hi,I'have a DC topology with 2x6509 VSS, 2 NX7K, 10xNX5548 and NX2K dual-homed.My question is about spanning-tree cost in method-longBetween  VSS(L2/L3) and NX7Ks(L2) i have 8x10giga links on a crossed VPC, from  NX7K point of view, the pathcost to t...

Dear,i have problem with standby sup engine in C6509 when i check with show module slot 6 "minor error"Cisco IOS Software, s72033_sp Software (s72033_sp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXH5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)#show logg00:03:03: %DIAG-SPS...

Quick and easy question.  What is the different between the two:C3560X-48-L-S=C3560X-48 LAN Base to IP Base Paper LicenseL-C3560X-48-L-S=C3560X-48 LAN Base to IP Base E-LicenseI basically need to upgrade WS-C3560X-48T-L to use the IP Base feature set...

ryabutler by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Found this on Cisco's website:At the global level, you can enable BPDU filtering on Port Fast-enabled interfaces by using thespanning-tree portfast bpdufilter default global configuration command. This command preventsinterfaces that are in a Port Fa...

droeun141 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've noticed some unusual behaviour with output discards being demonstrated by our 3750 switch stacks that are running IOS 12.2(50)SE and above (IP Services and IP Base). Our edge switch estate is made up of 3560s and 3750 stacks of which the bulk...

bgfl-tech by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! trunk negociation

Hi,Which configuration option will cause the link between 2 switches to become a functional trunk?1. switchport access vlan 31 switchport mode dynamic desirable2. switchport mode trunk switchport nonegociate3. Leave the port with default trunk settin...

boboshlap by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 1 cisco 2960G connected to  core switch 3560G. The uplink port from 2960G to 3560G is occassionally  showing high utilization of 40% between 300MB-400MB during the night.How can I find out what kind of traffic or applications that is occupying...

yeow_km by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a SRW248G4 switch but I can't log into it.  Can anyone assist?  The default IP address 192.168.1.254 doesn't seem to work.  Thanks.