Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I have got this lab setup where ospf is learning two routes via two different processes. But it is prefering the route with higher metric. can someone please explain why ospf is taking higher cost route.My ospf database and routing table is as ...

My current network setup is shown in the attached file which is not completely redundant.I am replacing the current EOL switches with new one Cisco Catalyst 3750X for L3.What is the way to implement redundency for L3 switches? Is it using 2 L3 switch...

avilt by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All ,Is there is any Layer2 switch in Cisco with dual AC power other than Cisco 4948 . 4948 is very costly for one of our implementation but we need with dual power .I'm looking for some 24 or 48 ports Gig interface switchRegardsHaris

Haris P by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 2950 with a trunk link which reads as follows.interface FastEthernet0/4 switchport mode trunk switchport nonegotiate speed 100 duplex fullI have 2 questions, firstly why does the encapsulation method not show? and secondly when I try t...

Hello,I need to connect cisco switches (2960S) to 3COM layer 3 modular switches.3COM supports only SPT and RSPT on a single istance and not per vlan.do you think I'll have  problems with spanning-tree convergence?I'm obliged to have 3COM switches as ...

l.buschi by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! N5k & N2k .......

Hi...so i was looking at the N5k and just wonder what the maximum distance is for a connection to a N2k??is this something similar to stacking 3750's where the connection is made with the stack wise cable, therefore they have to be relatively close o...

dave_ryan by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all,We are trying to implement WCCP to redirect traffic to a URL Filtering device and we want to do the redirect prior to the traffic getting to the ASA.  Therefore, we can’t use the URL redirect on the ASA.Our issue is this – we have two core ...

I am trying to figure out a way to make it so that no 1 user can consume more than 512Kbps of internet bandwitdth. I do not what muliple users to have to share the same cap, but get their own. I have tried the below config and it works wonderfully, h...

OK, I'm looking to get a deeper understanding of QOS so that I can better implement it in our network.  I understand the MQC theory (class-map, policy-map, and service-policy) but it's the queueing mixed with policing that are just confusing the hell...

Dear Experts,We are planning to upgrade our switches over this summer and need some advice on what model of Cisco switches would be best suitable for our environment. Here are  background information:1. Type of organization - small K-12 school2. Numb...

kmigmar805 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes