Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We have a primary DSL connection and a backup modem connection. As soon as primary fails, modem dials out. Under this situation we want backup interface (dialer) to send a trap regarding it own status with itself as source of the trap. Currently its ...

mrunal_47 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know where I can download The Fast Step Software for a Cisco 804 router. Seems Cisco won't allow software downloads unless you have a contract with them and I am not that big that I need a contract, but I do need the software to use the ...

I really have a question regarding STP timers, but I need to give a little background on a particular issue we're experiencing right now. Please refer to the diagram I've attached.We currently have clustered servers in two geographically distinct loc...

I have a Cisco Switch 4006. I need to see the last time that the port (GigaEthernet) is disconnected. Something like the command show dlsw peers on Cisco Router. I need know how do it ?Tnaks

Hi I have several VLAN on my core switch ex. vlan 99. When i used cmd "show mac-address static vlan 99" on Catalyst 6509 , the device show me the output in attachment . I would like to know what does it mean ? why vlan 99 have many mac-address it's v...

I am seeing a lot of discarded packets on the 3550...they stem from one of the 3560's...I have not set up traffic suppresion or control...there are not any excessive multicast or unicast frames on the network...any ideas?

Hi,I am looking for password recovery for Ca6509 with native IOS (12.2(18)xxx)I tried following things and they didn't work:1. Changing the confreg to 2142. It should not load the config, but it is still coming up with complete config.2. Tried confre...

aryavikas by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,We have configured a new 3560 with 'login local' for vty&con forgot to put the username. Did the 'write mem' and unable to login to the switch via console/vty. It is asking for username.Please suggest the solution (password recovery procedure)...

fortis123 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Sorry if this is the wrong area.I cant get past the first hurdle, setting a hostname for the router!I have a 837 router with Version 12.3(2)XC2 IOS.But it doesn't recognise the 'hostname' command.Can anyone help please?