Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

we have vrf-lite with static routes for route leaking . works fine.  obviously for every network/server access from global to VRF, i had to add a seperate static route. administering this is a big issue. I also have a requirement to build another VRF...

sblavanya by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Are there any issues using admin / default vdc for aggregation layer ? I have allocated a VDC for core layer, and plan to use the 2 remaining VDC's for future use.. Didnt want to use a VDC seperate for admin.. Do you see any issues with this design?

sblavanya by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,when i create vlan on this switch, it has delay to ping the virtual interface. and IP routing also doesnot work properly on this switch, i suspect IOS image problem, can some one suggest which IOS version would be great for this switch.current swi...

Hi,I have enabled DHCP snopping on my layer 3 and layer 2 switch.But his message comes on my layer 3 switch.Oct  9 09:28:00.022 MST: %SW_DAI-4-DHCP_SNOOPING_DENY: 1 Invalid ARPs (Req) on Gi0/1, vlan 10.([0009.e8a2.0080/192.168.10.2/0000.0000.0000/136...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 29 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have read several articles and all tell me that an 871 with advanced IP IOS supports min 4 vlans.  I only want to use 3 for right now.  I have IOS 12.4(15) with advanced IP.  I want to connect to the Fa0 of the 871 to the Fa0/1 of a 2950 which alre...

Resolved! VTP queries

Hi allI have these questions regarding VTP:1. If I connect a new switch (with factory default) to an existing switch having a domain name , Test,  will the new switch become a member of domain Test or not?2. Does changing of domain name have any effe...

mukundh86 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have set up service policies on the VLAN  in both input and output directions. I see hits in the output direction but not in the input one. Any reasons as to why this is hapenning?sh policy-map interface vlan 10 Vlan10   Service-policy input...

mukundh86 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i am using cisco 2821 as   a edge  Router in my Network.Im  using 2  Inbuilt  Gig Ethernet Interface and  1  serial Interface card .Now i  have  a  requirement  of  another  link  need to  terninate .can  the 2821  router support additional  Ether...

Hi allStuck with Stacking. I have two switches(3750 (a) & (b)), I wanna stack these switches. As one switch will be back up of another.•1.      On switch (a) I have created vlans and assigned ports to it (20 servers are connected to switch (a) ). Doe...

hi! Is there any limit on the number of 3560  edge switches i can daisy chain using  etherchannel? Currently i've 6 switches, i would like to connect another 2 switches. This setup is running on  flat network. Thanks.

dkblee by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking to buy a 3945 and a 3925 router off eBay for a production network. Can I get Smartnet on these units once I purchase them? I saked our Cisco Rep and they said now because eBay is a grey area. However looks like people are selling smartne...

ddevecka by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VLSM Problem

Hi,Well i been going through some vlsm examples and i have been thinking that what if we need more hosts than 126 Hosts in any network, consider this example:-we have 4 networks     Network A has 145 hosts     Network B has 130 hosts     Network C ha...